How many Topics are There in Power BI?
Power BI is a comprehensive business intelligence tool, and there are numerous topics and subtopics that users can explore to master its functionality. While it's challenging to provide an exhaustive list, here is a broad overview of the main topics covered in Power BI:
Introduction to Power BI:
- Overview of Power BI components and services.
- Understanding the Power BI Desktop interface.
Data Connection and Transformation:
- Importing data from various sources (Excel, databases, web sources).
- Data cleaning and transformation using Power Query.
- Understanding relationships between tables.
- Creating calculated columns and measures.
- Implementing row-level security.
- Building basic visualizations (bar charts, line charts, pie charts).
- Creating advanced visuals (maps, gauges, cards).
- Customizing and formatting visuals.
DAX (Data Analysis Expressions):
- Introduction to DAX and its syntax.
- DAX functions for calculations and aggregations.
- Time intelligence functions.
Advanced Data Modeling:
- Implementing advanced modeling techniques.
- Handling many-to-many relationships.
- Handling different data granularity.
Power BI Service:
- Publishing reports to Power BI Service.
- Sharing and collaboration features.
- Dashboards and workspace management.
Integration with Other Tools:
- Power BI and Excel integration.
- Power BI and SQL Server integration.
- Using Power BI with other Microsoft tools.
Advanced DAX and Power Query:
- Advanced DAX functions and scenarios.
- Power Query M language.
Security in Power BI:
- Row-level security.
- Data encryption and protection.
Power BI Embedded:
- Embedding Power BI reports in applications and websites.
Power BI API and PowerShell:
- Automation and integration using Power BI API.
- Managing Power BI with PowerShell.
- Building end-to-end dashboards on real datasets.
- Applying Power BI skills to solve business problems.
Best Practices and Performance Optimization:
- Optimizing Power BI reports for performance.
- Following best practices in report design.